Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana), a non-governmental and non-profit organisation based in Accra is pleased to announce this call for applications for suitable young leaders to participate in the upcoming Youth-led Research Training Workshop. The workshop forms part of activities under the ‘Voices of Youth: Improving Youth Participation in Public Policy Decision-Making’ project of YES-Ghana. The project aims to
Against the background of the prevailing low levels of youth participation in decision-making in Ghana, the project seeks increased youth participation in youth policy formulation through a unique crowdsourcing, youth-led research methodology. Working through youth-led, youth-focused organisations under the umbrella of the national Voices of Youth Coalition, we will strengthen youth mobilisation, and conduct youth action research to form the evidence base for advocacy campaigns and stakeholder engagement on national youth policy.
The Youth-led Research Training Workshop will bring together 30 youth leaders (at least 50% female) drawn from all ten regions of Ghana. They will learn new skills for action research and develop research plans for immediate implementation. Once selected, participants will become part of a team of youth researchers who will conduct a review of progress in the implementation of the Ghana Youth Manifesto. This includes undertaking data collection and analysis, as well as participation in at least two other workshops. Ultimately, the youth research team will be responsible for preparing a ‘People’s National Youth Policy’ document that captures the findings and recommended actions from the research project.
- Schedule, logistics & cost of participation
The Youth-led Research Training Workshop is slated for 26 – 30 April 2016. Venue will be announced in due course.
Selected participants will not be required to bear any costs or make any payments. All costs associated with participation in the youth camp will be borne by the Youth Empowerment Synergy, including travel, accommodation and meals, and all other logistics. No per diems or cash allowances will be paid to participants.
- Who can apply
To participate in the Youth-led Research Training Workshop, you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged between 15 and 35 years (male or female)
- Leadership experience (in school, youth group, community, or other setting)
- Represent a youth group/organisation
- Available to fully participate in the entire period of the workshop
- Available to lead post-workshop data collection activities in the two months following the workshop, followed by participation in other workshops and youth advocacy activities at national and local levels over the next two years (2016-2018).
- Membership of the Voices of Youth Coalition is an added advantage
- Research experience is an added advantage
- Young women who meet the criteria are particularly urged to apply
- How to apply
You will need to use Google Chrome browser to complete your application. Click here to complete your application.
Applications are open until Friday, 8 April 2016. Any applications submitted after this period will be disqualified.
- Further enquiries
For further information on Youth Empowerment Synergy, visit: www.yesghana.org
For further information on Voices of Youth Coalition, visit: www.voicesofyouthgh.org